CCM Counseling, LLC
Pet Illness and Loss Coping Tools
Allow positive thoughts to join your current mind space. Breathe deeply, relax and choose to state an affirmation 5-10 times in the morning, mid-day, and evening.
Pet Illness Affirmations
• I am continuing to do the best I can for my beloved pet.
• I am a strong, loving pet parent. I am making our remaining time the best it can be.
• I am able to cherish the happy moments we still have together. I can close my eyes, breathe, and allow them to become part of me.
• When my pet is energized and active, I notice, appreciate, and help create another important moment together.
Pet Loss Affirmations
• I am allowed to feel deeply about the loss of my pet. My sorrow will eventually be joined by comfort when I remember the wonderful moments we had together.
• I helped my pet live life to its fullest.
• I honor my pet every day through my caring thoughts and actions.
• I gently push “Should haves” and “What ifs” aside...I did everything I could for my pet.
"Six Family Friendly Ways to Help Kids Grieve After Pet Loss" by Roxanne Hawn
"When A Pet Dies, Helping Children Through the 'Worst Day of Their Lives" NY Times Article
by Juli Fraga
"Weighing the End of Life" - NY Times article on the the difficult decision of "When"
How to "Take in the Good" by Rick Hanson, Ph.D.